Monday, June 21, 2010

Echo

Here is the echo of my body

as it once was

and here are my hands,

all that's left to look after me

You might never understand

what it is to lose it all

everything but a thread

of what you were before

Life replaced in just one moment

diagnosis in your ears

sling it with the answer to the one thing that you ask -

-'there's no cure"

But I keep on believing

though my hope wrings over thorny ground

I will keep on believing

something's waiting to be found

So my hands reach out to hold me

and my arms pull myself in

and I lift my head another moment

I can't let the words cave in

I see myself waiting, I'm counting on me

I am my sole survivor

when you walked away

I was the only one left to walk in

Here is the echo of my body

and here are my faded hands

all that's left to look after me

I can't stand but I won't let myself down

©NC

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home